For ex-pupils of

Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham Boys' School


Here are two photos of Old Askeans when younger ...
And some more Askeans on a school trip ...
for more photos, go to Memories...
for more printed ephemera, go to ephemera...
and for the 6th Form Magazine, to Undique
Extract from "Public School Arms", an article in "Chums" 1923, page 256..

The Haberdashers School uses the arms (No. 18) of the Company of Haberdashers, granted to them in 1571. The school is perhaps better known as "Aske's," in Pepys Road, New Cross, London, and was founded by Robert Aske, citizen and haberdasher of London, in 1692, as a hospital for the maintenance of twenty poor men and the education and maintenance of twenty sons of Freemen of the Company. The foundation was reorganized in 1875 and the present school was then built, originally for 300 boys. The buildings are now capable of accommodating 500.

("No. 18" refers to illustration no.18 on the colour plate, and is:)

to see the full illustration, go to Chums

Ex-pupils website: